Sunday, March 20, 2011

Bring On Winter

I am really loving this cooler weather today, it's been so humid lately and and it makes me grumpy! I adore summer, it's usually my favourite time of year but this summer went by too fast and in a funny way, it slipped under the radar. We didn't really get a typical 'heatwave' or days and days of scorching hot beachy weather. To me, summer is all about the beach, the smell of suncream, a healthy glow, icecream, watermelon, BBQ's, grapes, sandy foot prints on the floor and that delicious vibe of happiness and satisfaction wafting through the open windows. That didn't seem to happen much at all this summer, we were so busy getting from one end of the week to the other that I think all up, as a family, we only got in a couple of hours at the beach. Pretty sad when we only live a 10 mins walk away! Oh well bring on winter and trackie pants, hot chocolate, red wine, wooly socks, snuggly jumpers, candles, rainy day drives, and cuddling up on the couch with a good movie while the weather outside goes ballistic : )

Despite feeling completley and utterly flat today, I managed to get on the treadmill for 30 mins and gave it all I had. My diets been pretty good too so this afternoon I don't feel too shabby. Looking forward to tonights dinner, 'beer chicken' with morroccan roasted pumpkin and couscous salad, yum. Note to self.....PORTION CONTROL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment