Sunday, May 22, 2011

Long Time No Post

It has been a couple of months since I was last in here, I am finding it difficult to find the time where I am not interrupted. And if I DO happen to stumble upon some precious time that I get all to myself, it gets used for housework, study, or sometimes even doing absolutley NOTHING so that I can turn my brain off for a while before chaos reigns again ; )
I am pleased to say that a friend of mine bought the charm bracelet I put in my last entry. It's a really nice feeling to know that someone out there can enjoy a piece of jewellry that I made. I love making it and I love that it can make someone else happy. I have just ordered a few more bits and pieces and can't wait to get them! Another hobby I have taken up is knitting! I have wanted to do it for such a long time but it always looked too hard. My mother in law came over for lunch the other day and taught me, which I appreciate so much! I find the repitition soothing and get a sense of achievement from it...God I am so lame these days. Poor Chad might have to do a bit of overtime to pay for my crafty activities haha. Here's a pic of my first "cast on" which I learnt from watching a YouTube video about 6 times.

I am a bit dissapointed to say that I have gained nearly 3kg since my post about "Wednesday Weigh in" : (  I can think of a number of reasons why....not excersising, eating too much, LOTS of social get togethers which always involves too much food and too much alcohol (and no, there's none if this 'oh, no thanks I wont have a glass of wine at your shindig' it just doesn't happen), poor time management (I DO have time to excersise, I just put it waaaaaay down at the bottom of the list), I'm always tired so tend to eat whatever takes the least amount of thought and energy, medication, and a few health issues to name a few. These are all actually good excuses, but they are excuses and that's the problem. I CAN loose weight, I have about 10kgs to get rid of. I know I am overweight, I'm now the fat one in the group and thats so depressing. I can't stand to see myself in photo's. I did manage to do 20 mins on the treadmill today though, thats a bonus. I sound like a broken record don't it?

Anyway......I have finished my coffee and now it's time to get this house looking half decent!

No comments:

Post a Comment